IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM
- Acknowledge - is there a problem?
- Recognize - what is the problem?
- Think about a wise solution - how to solve the problem?
- Plan and Simulate the application of the solution to the problem and consider the possible outcomes.
- Apply your solution.
- Observe the effect and consequences of your solution.
- Record the results for future consultation.
DRAINING THE EMOTION OUT OF THE SITUATION
Our emotions can get the better of us and destroy our ability to approach our problems in a logic, calm, reasonable, balanced, and rational attitude.
Drain the emotional content
Approach the problem with logic, reason, balance, and rationality.
Turn the problem into a manageable project and apply the techniques of Project Management.
SOUL LESSONS and spiritual considerations
In terms of soul, problems are our life lessons that we are learning in this life. The spiritual paradigm advises us that we have to work through our problems and that many of our current problems are linked to events in previously lives (karma).
For example, if we have been a wealthy and abusive person in a previous life, we may have to face the problems of poverty and corruption in this life.
We will repeatedly face the same issues until we find the correct solution. The correct solution is that which defeats the problem in a sattvic and spiritually harmonious way and is helpful and supportive to all life.
Living in the spiritual paradigm means that we realize that we cannot escape the problems that we have been allotted and that we need to implement spiritually-considerate solutions.