THE NECESSITY OF SELF LOVE
When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Whose judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.
LOVING OURSELF AS A CELL IN THE BODY OF LIFE AND GOD
I had massive trouble with this one all my life. It's the usual story. Some of us are taught that to show love, care, and kindness to ourself is in some way "wrong."
Well after 39 years of struggling with this life-defeating programming, I finally got the counter-affirmation to deal with this learned attitude.
"Here in the reality of The Unity of All Life, when we love, help, and care for ourself (in the same way as we would for another) then we are loving, helping, and caring for the health of the Network of Unity of All Life. This is not only a healthy and good thing to do, it is also the entirely right and spiritually correct thing to do."
It is entirely right to take pride and enjoy caring, with loving kindness, to the Network of Unity of All Life, and it is a genuine spiritual activity to relate to all life (including ourself) with care and loving kindness. By relating to yourself as part (a living cell in the living body) of God then it is correct to show that same level of love, care, and kindness to ourself as we do to others as we are all part of The Unity of All Life that we can call God.
DR JOSHUA STONE: SELF LOVE
Self Love Affirmations
There are only two ways of thinking, two philosophies of life, and only two. Every person in the world follows one or the other. There is the voice of the Spirit, or of the Christ, and there is the voice of the ego. They could also be called the voices of your higher self and of your lower self; the voices of the big “I” and of the little “i”; the voices of the Holy Spirit and of glamour, illusion and maya; the voices of the God within and of the negative ego. As children you are conditioned by society to perceive and interpret life from the negative ego’s perspective. That is why so many people are so filled with negative feelings and lack of inner peace. A Course in Miracles teaches a very systematic way to undo the negative ego’s thinking and begin to think, henceforward, with the Christ mind. The Bible does say, “Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus. Jesus, as we know, was a human being just like you and me who became the embodiment of the Christ by becoming one with the Christ Consciousness. The Christ Consciousness is not just for Christians. The Christ consciousness, the Buddha consciousness, the Krishna consciousness = God Consciousness – the consciousness of all religions is the same thing. The new religion of the future is the one that honours and recognizes all religions and Spiritual endeavours; for they are all, different paths up the same mountain, they all lead to the same place.
Where did the negative ego come from ?
The negative ego did not come from God. Man is the only creature who has the ability to think out of harmony with God. The fall to which the bible refers, occurred when humans, in the form of Monads, or individualised sparks of God, chose to come into physical matter from the spiritual planes (anti-matter), 95%+ of the universe is made of anti-matter( physical matter is subservient to Spiritual matter). It was not the coming into matter that caused the fall; it was the over identification with matter. It was the moment of transitional lower thinking, when people thought they were just physical bodies rather than God-beings inhabiting or using physical bodies. In thinking they were only physical bodies, there came the illusion of separation from God and separation from their brothers and sisters. Then came, the perception of selfishness, fear, and death as “real”. From theses faulty premises a whole thought system developed that was based on glamour, illusion and maya.
Humanity has spent hundreds of incarnations caught up in this illusion. The amazing thing is that what a Course in Miracles teaches is that the fall never really happened. You just think it did. The basic law of the mind is that your thoughts create your reality. Your feelings, your behaviour, and what you attract into your life all come from your thoughts. Is the glass of water half empty or half full ? Are you optimistic or pessimistic ? Do you look at what happens in life as teachings, lessons, challenges and opportunities to grow ? or do you look at things as problems, aggravations, irritations, and upsets ? It is how you think, interpret, and perceive that will determine how you feel at any given situation. Be still and know that I Am God – You have always been the Christ, the Buddha, the Atma, the Eternal Self, the truth is you have always been one with God.
The great saint from India, Ramana Maharshi, said that the spiritual path is like a person who comes to him asking his help in finding a necklace lost for fourty years. Ramana Maharashi, says well, what is that you have been wearing around your neck. The person all of a sudden, realizes that he/she has been wearing the necklace around the neck all along. Well that is how the spiritual path is. You don’t have to find God; in essence you are God and have been all along. It is the insane voice of the ego, or separative mind, that keeps you lost in glamour, illusion and maya.
Sai Baba says, “The mind creates bondage or the mind creates liberation .” You can interpret life from the negative ego’s viewpoint or from that of the Buddha or the Christ. It is important to understand that you don’t see only with your eyes; you see with your mind through your belief systems. The major work of the spiritual path is to clear out all the negative human conditioning, egotistical beliefs from the conscious and Subconscious minds, and to replace them with the spiritual pattern of the Christ and Buddha.
What happens if you do not have Self Love?
If you don’t have Self-Love within yourself, then you automatically end up seeking it outside yourself. Love is a survival need. The ideal is to give love to yourself and to allow yourself to receive God’s unconditional love. If you don’t do this, then you end up seeking love and acceptance from other people. This puts you in a compromised position. Other people become your computer programmers and the cause of your reality. Your worth is in their hands. Not having Self-Love puts a hole in your protective bubble, so that when people criticise you, you can’t protect yourself. The ideal is to give yourself so much love and to allow yourself to feel so much of God’s Love that you go into the day feeling totally powerful and totally loved before you encounter another human being. Ideally, you are feeling complete within yourself and feeling your oneness with God. Ideally you are so filled with love that you can give love to others even if others do not give love to you. In essence, you can want love but you do not need love from a particular person. You prefer loving relationships but are not attached to getting it. When you are a self actualized person, you first form a right relationship with the All That Is - God; you then form a right relationship with yourself (mini-God).
These are the two most important relationships in your life. You then can move into life as a whole, masterful, independent person who is in the world to give rather than trying to get, to fill the empty void within the self. This is the work of the spiritual path. You actually have it all right now – the only problem is that often people do not think that they have, because of all the negative conditioning that has occurred throughout the human experience. You can get rid of these limitations anytime you want by owning your personnel power and taking command over your mind. Most importantly the will to keep on keeping on and to never give up is the key to manifesting the fullness of Divine Love – which is your natural inheritance – your unconditional Self – your real Self.
Self Love Affirmations
The following are self love affirmations for reprogramming both conscious and subconscious thinking –, I would personally do theses affirmations twice a day for a month, then have a break for a few weeks, then do another set as and when needed, just to remind yourself of who you really are ! it takes 21 days to reprogram the subconscious mind, maybe a bit longer due to all the negative hypnosis programming (namely fear, judgements and the illusion of seperation - divide and rule etc ) instigated by the media, education systems, governments etc. It is very important to understand the impact that negativity can have on your being. Be careful of what you read, watch etc, and notice the affect this has on your blood pressure, emotions etc, does it make you happy ? if not, get rid of it or at least cut down on this negative – conditional programming. Learn to detach yourself from these manmade drama’s.
- I Love and forgive myself totally for all my mistakes, for I now recognize that mistakes are positive, not negative.
- I now fully recognise that I have worth because God created me, and I do not have to do anything to earn it.
- I now recognise that I am a diamond, not the mud on the diamond.
- My worth is unchangingly positive because it is my spiritual inheritance. It is not increased by my success nor decreased by my mistakes.
- I now realise that I have total worth and value as a person, whether I learn my lessons in life or not.
- I now recognise that everything that has ever happened in my life has been positive, because it all contained lessons that I needed to learn.
- I choose to live in the now and not hold the past against myself.
- I hereby choose to approve of myself so I do not have to go around seeking approval from others.
- I deserve Love because God created me; I now know that my mistakes are not held against me.
- I now realise that everything in life that happens is a lesson, a challenge and an opportunity to grow.
- I now realise that I am the chooser, the consciousness, the spiritual being made 100% by God, and that this part of me deserves unconditional love at all times.
- I am the light, not the lampshade over the light.
- I deserve Love because my true identity is not what I do in life, I am always the chooser of what I do.
- I now fully understand that I am here in life to learn lessons and grow, but if a make mistakes, I am still totally lovable and worthy.
- I hereby choose to be very firm and unconditionally Loving with myself.
- I am the master of my life. I choose to be my best friend instead of my own worst enemy.
- I choose to love myself as God Loves me – unconditionally.
- I now choose to understand that I want to be perfect, but mistakes are always positive and part of the growing process.
- I now realise on the level of my true identity, the “I”, the chooser, the soul, the monad, that I am a perfect equal with every other person in the world.
- I now choose to recognise that it was only the faulty thinking of the ego that caused me not to love myself.
- I now choose to undo all the faulty thinking that society has programmed into me and replace it with Self Love.
- I now choose to recognise that I deserve Love and so do other people.
- I now choose to fully recognise that I am guiltless and sinless because all mistakes are just lessons and opportunities to grow.
- I now realise that God does not hold my misuse of free choice against me, God never has and never will, so why should I?
- I Love me, I forgive me, I approve of me, I accept me, and I commit myself from this moment onward to treating myself in a spiritual manner rather than an egotistical manner. I now fully realise that the way I think is the reality in which I live. I now choose to release faulty thinking and to live in my Self created heavenly state of consciousness.
- I love me unconditionally because I am a son/daughter of God, and my misuse of free choice or faulty thinking is not held against me.
- Could what God created not be lovable and worthy?
- I love me because I am innocent and not guilty.
- The only thing in this universe that says I do not deserve love is my “ego”. I hereby reject my ego and its false attitude. I allow myself to get back in tune with my true spiritual self.
- I now, once and for all, release the ego’s game of “having to do” in order to deserve Love and worth. I now fully recognise I have always been lovable and worthy and will always be so.
An excellent way to re-program the subconscious mind is to record yourself
saying these positive affirmations onto tape or disc and play them, whilst
you are asleep. You can also add the Self Healing Prayer, Positive Affirmations,
Mahatma Meditation/Prayer, St Germains Silver-Violet flame, this will really
boost your energy levels, and bring a positive, spiritual transformation into
your life !
This is an excerpt from the book 'Soul Psychology' written by Dr Josha David Stone .