The Sleeping Thunderbolt
- Sit in vajrasana
- Bend backward, supported on the arms and elbows, the head touches the ground with the back arched
- Place the hands on the thighs and make sure the knees stay fully on the ground
- Close the eyes and relax the body
- Slow and Deep.
For physical benefits a few minutes is sufficient.
- Physical: on the back, abdomen or respiration
- It is a good counterpose to forward bending asanas.
- Care should be taken not to strain the muscles and ligaments of the thighs and knees by forcing the knees to touch the ground.
- Should not be practiced by sufferers of sacral ailments.
- This is a good asana for abdominal ailments, especially constipation. It tones the spinal nerves.